What are cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a visitor’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular browser and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a webpage tailored to a particular visitor, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from your visit to a website to the next.
There is a lot of concern about privacy and security on the internet. Cookies do not in themselves present a threat to privacy, since they can only be used to store information that the user has volunteered to offer or that the web server already has.
What kind of cookies are used in this website?
Cookies to save browsing preferences and to optimize the visitor’s browsing experience. Among these technical cookies are, for example, those to set the language and the currency preference or for the management of members accounts and users comments.
Cookies for statistical purposes – Google Analytics
These cookies are set to let us see how visitors use the website and where their visits to the website originated. This anonymous information is useful for improving our website and aligning it better to your needs of our visitors. Learn more about Google Analytics Cookies.
Because the detail of these cookies may change, we have listed some information and links about the respective third parties below. The actual cookies may also vary depending on whether or not you are logged into social media sites when browsing our website.
Facebook ‘Like’ Button: We use this to let people easily promote articles to their friends via Facebook.
Twitter ‘Tweet’ Button: We use this to let people easily promote articles to their friends via Twitter.
Google +1 Button: We use this to let people easily promote articles to their friends via the Google +1 service.
How can I manage the installation of Cookies?
A visitor can manage his / her own preferences for cookies directly from within his / her browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing them. Through the browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including the cookies that might possibly have saved the consent for the installation of cookies by this or any other website. It is important to note that by disabling all cookies, the functionality of this website may be altered with a negative impact on appearance or ease of use. Users can find information about how to manage cookies in their browser at the following addresses:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Windows Explorer
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
*If you use another browser, look for cookies configuration in its options settings.
This privacy notice sets out how GROFDANS LTD, registered office is at 178 Seven Sisters Road, London N7 7PX, and incorporated in the United Kingdom, and its associated trading names, protects the privacy of your personal information.
We recognise and acknowledge the importance of your personal data and are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed.
- We have taken every possible measure to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. However, some of the details must be passed to the suppliers associated with your holiday, such as your tour operator, airline, hotel, transport company, insurance provider etc. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration, if required by them, or as required by law.
Please note that once your information is passed onto the suppliers associated with your holiday, the information becomes subject to their data protection policy.
We need to collect, use and disclose personal information to perform our duties as a travel agent, namely, making and managing travel bookings on behalf of our customers.
During the course of our relationship we may collect the following:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details (address, telephone and email address)
- Passport number, date of birth and nationality – if required by the respective airline
- Payment information: card number, security number, expiration date and cardholder name
- Frequent flyer numbers, car rental programme and hotel room preferences (if applicable)
- Dietary requirements and health issues (if any) relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service provider(s) (e.g. accommodation or tour providers).
- Information provided by filling forms on our website – e.g. email address, where you heard about us and your travel preferences. This information will be used to keep you up to date with all our latest offers and products
- Call recordings – calls may be recorded for the purposes of quality control and staff training
- Social media – by interacting with the social media features on our website (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) you will be bound by the privacy policies of the respective social media companies
- IP address and cookies – When you access our website our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address
We usually collect your personal data from the information you submit during your relationship with us.
The above data may be collected from the following sources:
- Information generated about you when you purchase or make enquiries, regarding a travel arrangement; via the phone, email or website
- When you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters)
- When you speak to our customer services team
- When you enter competitions or register for promotions
- In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where a person makes a travel booking on your behalf which includes travel arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for you by your employer). Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the travel booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking.
Where you make a travel booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for us to collect, use and disclose the other person’s personal information in accordance with this Notice.
What do we use your personal data for and what is the lawful basis for doing so?
- Contractual. In order to perform our duties as a travel agent. The consequences of not providing this information is that we will be unable to complete your booking.
Personal and contact details are used for the purposes of completing the travel bookings you make on our site. Similarly, payment information, passport numbers, date of birth, frequent flyer numbers and dietary requirements.
- Legitimate interest. For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service.
- Your information may also be utilised for broader reasons, such as: to provide you with travel confirmation and updates on your itinerary, to manage your booking and to allow us to contact you for customer service.
- We may use your personal information to send you targeted marketing activities; about special offers, new products or competitions. These may include emails, text messages and data messages. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
- With your consent. In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters, your personal information may be used, with your explicit consent, to send you relevant promotional fares.
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Primary suppliers: airlines, hotels, tour operators, transfer providers, cruise lines, car rental and activity providers who fulfil your travel reservation
- An individual making a third-party reservation, on your behalf
- Third parties who provide services on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics and fraud prevention
- As required or authorised by applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations
- GROFDANS Limited is a global business and includes operations outside the European Economic Area. Your personal information may be disclosed to our overseas related entities in order for us to complete your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative, advisory and technical services, including the storage and processing of such information. We will ensure that any such international transfers are either necessary for the performance of a contract between you and the overseas recipient or are made subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards as required by your local data protection laws
Personal data is retained as long as is necessary, for the purpose that it was originally obtained
- To protect us against any contractual claims, generally for a period of 6 years
- Records are kept in line with legal and regulatory requirements / guidance
Below is a list of the rights that you have regarding the personal information that we process.
You have the right to:
- Confirm with us that we are processing your data
- Request access to the personal data we hold
- Have data amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that we delete your personal data if there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- Request that we remove your consent
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on [email protected] providing details of your request.
If you are dissatisfied with our data processing activities, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
When you visit our website, use any of our mobile applications or open communications from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address.
We collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non- personal data. For example, to monitor the device, browser utilised and geographic locations from where customers and visitors navigate our site.