If you have already visited the highlights of Athens and you are seeking now a new adventure, Corinth canal and ancient Corinth is an excellent choice just 1 hour away from Athens! Corinth was amongst the richest cities of Greece in the ancient times and this is quite evident by its remains. Combine a scenic travel to the impressive Corinth Canal with visits to Ancient Corinth to see St Paul’s “Bema” close the amazing temple of Apollo. Follow the western coastline of the Saronic golf to the famous Corinth Canal on a 60 minutes scenic ride. Make a 15 minute rest stop at the canal before continuing on to the ancient city one of antiquity’s most significant and cosmopolitan towns of Greece.
Highlights of the Christian tour to ancient Corinth half day
- The breath taking view of the impressive Corinth canal
- 4 hours Ancient Corinth private tour
- See the treasures of Corinth, the Apollo Temple, Fountain of Glauke, Spring of Periander.
- Apostle Paul church in ancient Corinth
Pass By: Morning drive through Athens and its surroundings passing by the towns of Megara (King Bizas where the Byzantium city took its name from), Efisna (Elsfsinia mysteries), several resort towns like Ag. Theodoroi, Kineta…, till we reach the famous Corinth Canal!
- Duration: 60 Minutes
Stop At: Corinth Canal. Argolis is one of the most interesting Greek provinces, travel with us through time for this amazing one day visit in ancient Corinth. The tour opens with a seaside drive passing coastal villages and the island of Salamis (set of the historical naval battle between the Athenians and Persians). Our first pause the Corinth Canal. Finally opened in 1894, separating the Peloponnese Peninsula from the rest of Greece while connecting the Saronic Gulf (Aegean Sea) to the Corinthian Sea (Ionian Sea). You’ll have time to stretch your legs, walk across on a pedestrian bridge and admire the canal closer (if you’re game) on some days bungee jumping is an option.
- Duration: 15 Minutes
- Admission Ticket Free
Pass By: We’ll travel now through orange tree fields, olive tree fields to reach ancient Corinth.
- Duration: 15 Minutes
- Admission Ticket Free
Visit the ancient town of Corinth where St. Paul lived and preached for two years. Ancient Corinth is 76 Km/48 miles west of Athens on a narrow stretch of land that joins the Peloponnese to the mainland of Greece. Ancient Corinth was an important city in ancient Greece, with a major role in the missionary work of the Apostle Paul. Ancient Corinth was first inhabited in the Neolithic period (5000-3000 BC), and flourished as a major Greek city from the 8th century BC until its destruction by the Romans in 146 BC. Nowadays, Corinth is the second largest city in the Peloponnese, with high tourist interest for its multiple break-taking sights.
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos); Ancient Corinth, located at the foot of the Corinth Acropolis hill Acrocorinth with its Venetian Castle, the oldest and largest castle in southern Greece, includes the Roman Agora of Corinth, the temple of God Apollo and the small museum of the ancient Corinth Agora. Apart from its archaeological and historical interest though the site is also one of the most popular religious destinations of Greece. In this world famous place Apostle Paul preached Christianity, was judged by the tribunal in the Agora and established the best organized Christian church of that period. Paul spread the word of Christianity more than anybody else and for this reason he was named “Equal-to-the-Apostles” and “Apostle of the Nations”. Saint Paul arrived in ancient Corinth in the mid-1st c. A.D. and took up lodging and work with the Jewish tent-makers Aquila and Priscilla. At the same time, he reasoned and preached the Gospel to the Jews of the city, being confronted, however, with strong opposition from several members of the city’s large Jewish community. Today the Greek church in order to honer Aquila and Priscilla that hosted Paul, has build a small church, the Apostle Paul church! THE BEMA OF SAINT PAUL read more…
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Admission Ticket Not Included
Pass By: Akrokorinthos the oldest and largest castle in southern Greece and we will follow the same way back to Athens where our christian tour ends.
- Duration: 60 Minutes
See the places Apostle Paul stopped during his journey in Greece: Samothrace, Kavala (Neapoli), Philippi, Amphipolis-Apollonia, Thessaloniki, Veria
DEPARTURE | RETURN
- Transfer offerd; Travelers pickup/drop off is offered.
- Pick up from; We will pick you up from any hotel or apartment in Athens center and Piraeus cruise port at the cruise ship pier!
- Info needed When booking make sure to include the address of your accommodation, or the name of the cruise line and the cruise ship!
- Pick up time; We propose to pick you up at 8 am in order to avoid traffic and crowed at the Acropolis.
- Drop off; We will drop you off at the same place we have picked you up or at any hotel in Athens center or cruise ship pier!
INCLUDED | EXCLUDED
What is Included
- Professional driver with good knowledge of history and culture in Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Flexible pick up time on request (proposed 08:00AM)
- Free Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Free Pick-up & drop off from Piraeus cruise port
- Athens Airport transfers or pickup locations outside Athens: arranged on request with surcharge
- First class transport: By Mercedes E-Class or similar; Mercedes minivan or Mercedes minibus according to the size of your party. All new models come with full leather and A/C.
- Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
- Official licensed tour guide for guiding in archeological sites. Available on request with surcharge
- The private tour is 100% exclusive for your party
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Athens Airport transfer: arranged on request with a surcharge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost.
- Private tour - Shore Excursion
- Activity level: Moderate
- Departures: Daily
- Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic or environmental phenomena!
- Best Greece Tours is proud to be the first in the industry to offer Guaranteed Departures . A guaranteed departure means; There is no minimum number of bookings required on a trip to run and that the tour will definitely operate on the day it is scheduled and will not be cancelled. All guaranteed departures will run except in the event of a natural disaster or other similarly disruptive event that is beyond our control. Our current collection of tours can take you to exciting places in Athens and around the world.
- Passenger Detail; We need basic contact details so we can send appropriate booking information to you as well as make sure the supplier can contact you should they need to.
- Flight Details; We will need to know your exact travel details so they can track flight time as well as make sure they get you to and from your destination with no delay.
- Accommodation Details; We need to know your pick-up and drop-off address to ensure the right price and that we know exactly where to meet you or take you.
- Payment Details; We will pass your payment details to our secure payment provider, but we do not see or store any of these details on our website payment details.
- Dress: religious and memorial sites: shoulders and knee must be covered.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
- Itinerary (break-down)Due to the high complexity and uncertainty of contemporary transportation, as well as unexpected situations, the planned itinerary can change at any moment and our choices may be affected by any social, economic or environmental phenomena!
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora.
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- For guests who are full-time wheelchair users a ramp vehicle will be needed. Guests may remain in their wheelchair or scooter for the duration of the excursion. Wheelchair or scooter dimensions are required in order to confirm the correct vehicle!
- Wheelchair or small scooter folding type only. (Please note that disabled passengers must be able to board the vehicle independently or with the assistance of those in their party.)
- Opening Hours: Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Sedans; Within 24 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 24 hrs a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minivan; Within 36 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 36 hrs a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- Minibus 10-20 seats; Within 96 hrs of travel 100% fee will apply. Outside of 96 hrs a €2 per person cancellation charge will apply.
- For all vehicles; No show mean, no refund